About the map
With this interactive map tool, you can search for nanotechnology-related higher education and training programs, NNI Centers and User Facilities, as well as regional, state, and local initiatives in nanotechnology located throughout the country. In addition, the map provides the location of the facility, as well as a street view, directions to the site, and a link to the facility's website.
This map is searchable by state, facility-type, or keyword. Hovering the mouse over a state creates a small pop up window that provides the statewide totals for the following figures:
- Schools offering Bachelor Degree programs in nanotechnology
- Schools offering Masters Degree programs in nanotechnology
- Schools offering Ph.D. programs in nanotechnology
- Community Colleges and Training Programs with nanotechnology courses and degree programs
- National Nanotechnology Initiative Centers and User Facilities (laboratories)
- Regional, state, & local initiatives in nanotechnology
Tips for using the map
- You can narrow your search results by using the filter criteria and limit your search to your areas of interest, e.g., checking or unchecking the boxes or choosing a state from the drop down menu.
- Alternatively, you can search by keyword or phrase and the results will be populated in tabular format under the map. Type "all" and all results will be displayed.
- Clicking on a state will open a new window that displays the map of that state and the statewide results under the map as defined in the search criteria.
- Clicking on a point on the map or a row in the table, will display more information about that particular institution.
- From the main map, you can toggle the view at anytime between the state totals map and the cluster map that shows nationwide results.
1) You can download a copy of the database in csv format here
2) Access a copy of this database on Google Fusion Tables: https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1AP9cqPHIr4FhdpX_eYBQmbholCxHRgyU08o0_tg